- 1. What is smart HTTPS ? Smart HTTPS is a multi-browser addon that automatically requests websites over the impregnable https protocol alternatively of the insecure hypertext transfer protocol. however, if a web site does not support hypertext transfer protocol, it reverts the address back to hypertext transfer protocol, and mechanically adds this exception to memory. future fourth dimension when you visit this address, it will load in hypertext transfer protocol. Please bill, you can delete the exception from memory by visiting the options page. This way any time you visit this web site, it will load in hypertext transfer protocol first, and if encounters an error, an exception will be added to memory again. This is utilitarian if you want to check hypertext transfer protocol websites frequently to make sure that they have not changed their policies .
- 2. In bare words, how does Smart HTTPS works ? To answer this question, let us explain a sample scenario here. When you install the Addon for the first time, you will visit this subscribe page. Since this page does not support HTTPS protocol ; the Addon first loads the address in HTTPS, and when it sees the erroneousness ( it this case the error is the Firefox ’ s certificate-error page ) reverts the address back to HTTP. But this operation is so fast that you will not see the error page at all. however, it is available in the browsers log ( or history ) if you check. In simpleton words, SMART HTTPS ’ sulfur procedure is as following : For any HTTP address, loads the page in HTTPS > > > watch for any sorts of ERROR page ( such as cert-error, blank-page, not-found-page, etc. ) > > > reverts the foliate back to HTTP. Furthermore, SMART HTTPS only monitors HTTP websites and does not have any effect on HTTPS addresses at all. The behavior of SMART HTTPS is very alike to what human does to check for HTTPS protocol. You first change an HTTP address to HTTPS and if you see any errors happening, you will change the address back to HTTP. This is precisely what SMART HTTPS does, but in a much faster manner. This Addon is besides available for Google Chrome and Opera browsers and has precisely the lapp demeanor in all three browsers.
Reading: Smart HTTPS
- 3. How can I download the source code for Smart HTTPS ? To download the source code for this extension from Chrome Web Store, it is recommended to use Extension Source Downloader. With this addon, you can download the generator code as a ZIP or CRX format to your car. If you want to download the source code from the Firefox addons store, please open the firefox download connect ( if available ) in the Firefox browser and then right-click on the – lend to Firefox – button and blue-ribbon – save Link As … – item. Choose the address booklet on your car and then save the file in XPI format. You can then rename the XPI format to a RAR or ZIP file. Some extensions may have a GitHub repo address, which you can use to download the generator code as well. But, it may not be the latest translation of the addon. therefore, downloading the reservoir code from the official web stores is the best option as it always gives you the latest adaptation of the addon .
- 4. How do I disable Smart HTTPS ? In ordain to disable hypertext transfer protocol, you have two options. First, you can click on the toggle switch release at the toolbar. Blue coloring material shows an active country and grey coloring material indicates an inactive state. second option is from extensions page. once you open the extensions page, find the addon and snap on the disable button. The addon will be disabled immediately .
- 5. Is there a manner to add exceptions ( white-listed domains ) manually ? Yes, in the latest version of the addon ( 0.1.2 ) you can manually add white-listed URLs. To do thus, please visit the addons options page, find the associate section for adding sphere and add your craved sphere. All the domains listed in the white-list table will be ignored when the addon tries to change the protocol ( HTTP to HTTPS ).
- 6. How do I know if a web site is in HTTP or HTTPS ? If a web site is in HTTPS normally a lock icon will be appeared in the address bar next to the url ( top bequeath corner in the browser ). furthermore you can see the “ hypertext transfer protocol : // ” prefix at the beginning of the address. But for hypertext transfer protocol URLs, there is no icon or prefix or sign showing the addresses is in hypertext transfer protocol. This is because most modern browsers trim the URL to hide the unnecessary text. To see the entire URL in Firefox, you can use the following procedure. Open “ about : config ” in Firefox and set “ browser.urlbar.trimURLs ” to “ assumed ” in order to prevent the “ hypertext transfer protocol : // ” prefix from being omitted .
- 7. Does this addon compatible with all websites ? Yes, this annex is compatible will all websites, however there might be an error on a web site, but this happens lone for the first visit ( only one time ), if you visit the web site again, you wo n’t see any errors again because the fail address is added to the exception list ( loose options page to see the address ). All fail addresses are listed alphabetically in the options page mesa .
- 8. What does HTTP and HTTPS stands for ?
Read more : FBX – Wikipedia
HTTP, or Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol, is the way a server communicates with the browser. HTTP enables visitors to view a web site and send information back and forth to the server. HTTPS, or Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol Secure, is communication through a secure connection. Communications through an HTTPS with the waiter are encrypted by a impregnable security known as an SSL. The encoding prevents third-parties from eavesdropping on all communications to and from the server. Read more about HTTPS at this Wikipedia page. Smart HTTPS addon for your browser helps you always use the plug HTTPS protocol, if supported by the server. It mechanically changes HTTP protocol to the batten HTTPS, and if load encounters error, reverts it back to the HTTP protocol .