well, the good news is that there is a bare situate that allows you to reset all of your Photoshop settings and preferences back to factory default. The following three methods have been tested to work on Photoshop CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6 all the way up to Photoshop 2022 .
How to Reset Photoshop Settings and Preferences
To reset Photoshop to default while opening Photoshop ,
- First, hold down all three Ctrl+Alt+Shift buttons.
- Now “while keeping those button held,” simply open Photoshop.
- As it loads, you should get a prompt asking if you would like to “delete the Photoshop settings file”, Click Yes
If all went well, you should now have a fresh slate with all of the settings returned to their default. Note: I have found that this march is kind of finical and doesn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate always study. I have had the best results pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift and clicking the shortcut from the get down menu in Windows .
Reset Preferences on discontinue from Within Photoshop
To Reset Photoshop Preferences while running from Photoshop,
Read more : Best Global SEO Agency: Top 5 Picks for 2022
- From the menu bar, navigate to Edit -> Preferences -> General
- (1) Choose the option to Reset Preferences on Quit.
(2) Click OK when prompted to reset preferences when quitting.
(3) Finally, Select OK to close the general preferences window.
now when Photoshop is closed, your preferences will be reset.
Read more : How to Register a Domain Name for Your Website
Reset Photoshop to Default Settings from Shortcut
To reset Photoshop to default settings if you have a shortcut or trope that can be opened with Photoshop ,
- Press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift then;
- (right mouse click) a Photoshop shortcut or Image file and select Open.
- Then choose Yes when prompted to delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File.
This concludes my How To Reset Photoshop tutorial. If all went well, you should now be back to running Photoshop with the factory default settings. Final Note : When working from Windows, I use Photoshop to do most of my graphic shape. But when working from Linux, I prefer to use GIMP, which is a great unfold source equivalent ( GNU Image Manipulation Program ). limp does offer a Windows version american samoa well. Something to consider if you are looking to move away from Photoshop into a detached persona editor program that can perform much of the lapp functionality .