What is the Best Meal to Cook in a Pressure Cooker?
The best part about a atmospheric pressure cooker is that you can cook most meals in less than half of the time ! Some great ideas include embrown rice, a solid wimp, along with some vegetables like potatoes and artichokes. If you ’ re looking for something bang-up for feeding a crowd, then go for butter chicken, Mississippi pot knock, or warm up with a bowl of chili or chicken noodle soup. Keep reading on to find suggestions for every craving .
Can You Overcook Food in an Instant Pot?
It ’ south slowly to get carried away with cooking food in a atmospheric pressure cooker ! It ’ s agile and easier – but try to calm your exhilaration before it ’ mho besides late ! You can overcook your food if you left it in the pressure cooker for excessively long. so cook according to the recipe to avoid overcooking !
Is it Safe to Use Oil in a Pressure Cooker?
Yes, it ’ sulfur oklahoma to use petroleum in an Instant pot to sautee the food before cooking under pressure, but debar french-fry in the blackmail cooker .
What Should You NOT Cook in an Instant Pot?
Some things you should not cook in an clamant pot are delicatessen meats, bread, cookies, thickeners, breaded meats, and burgers .
Can You Cook Frozen Meat in an Instant Pot?
Yes ! Yes, you can ! just keep in beware that you ’ ll need to add a act more body of water ( or broth ) to cook the freeze kernel, and cook it a bit longer .
Pressure Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup: Homemade soup in 30 minutes? Who wouldn’t love that?! This pressure cooker chicken recipe is comforting, delicious, and full of flavors!
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs: Are you ready for your mouth to water? Then here’s a recipe for you! Cooked in an Instant pot, these chicken thighs are perfect for those busy weeknights – plus, the meat is tender, juicy, and falls right off the bone!
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast (Fresh or Frozen): This recipe is great for beginners, and it only takes 25 minutes from start to finish. You can use either fresh or frozen chicken. Shred the chicken after cooking and it’s perfect for salads and sandwiches!
- Pressure Cooker Frozen Chicken: Gone are the days of tough and rubbery chicken – enter the moist and juicy chicken! This recipe uses pineapple juice and seasoning for an incredible dinner!
- Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken: Here, you will get a step-by-step guide on how to cook a whole chicken in a pressure cooker properly! Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside – is there anything better than that?
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken: This recipe calls for few ingredients and little of your time! With just 5 minutes of prep, you will have a chicken dinner that’s tender, juicy, and full of flavor.
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken: If you’re a fan of ethnic food, then stop here! It’s a restaurant-quality chicken meal made at your home in under 30 minutes. Plus, if you’re watching your carb intake, then you’ll appreciate that this is keto-friendly!
Healthy Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Pressure Cooker Baked Potatoes: Yum!! That’s all you’ll be able to say after tasting these pressure cooker baked potatoes! With 1 minute of prep and 15 minutes of cook time, you may never go back to the oven again.
- Pressure Cooker Artichokes: Artichokes can be one of those tricky vegetables to cook – especially since they take quite a bit of time, but cooking them in a pressure cooker is incredibly easy. Plus you’ll learn some tips on how to select the best artichokes in this post.
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes: Silky smooth and ready to be buttered! These sweet potatoes are cooked to perfection in an instant pot. The hardest part about this recipe is to wait for the pressure to release!
- Instant Pot Black Beans: No smoking is required here! This Instant pot black beans recipe is easy and quick! Feel free to add in some seasonings to make it Cuban style.
Vegetarian Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Pressure Cooker Rice: Did you know that you can cook rice in a pressure cooker? Well, now you know! Here you will learn how to make white rice, brown rice, or even fluffy rice.
- Easy Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes: Mashed potatoes in a pressure cooker? Yes, it’s a thing! This method doesn’t require cooking the potatoes in water. Instead, you will steam the potatoes in the pressure cooker, making them light and fluffy every time.
- Pressure Cooker Beans: No soak, fast, easy, and fresh?! That’s exactly what you’ll get with this pressure cooker beans recipe. Whether it’s black beans, chickpeas, navy beans, or white beans – you’ll be able to make them tender every time.
- Pressure Cooker Brown Rice: Simply add 2.5 cups water and 2 cups of brown rice; that’s just how easy this pressure cooker brown rice is. Don’t worry if you’re a beginner here – this recipe requires minimal effort and time.
Beef Popular Pressure Cooker Meals
- Instant Pot Beef Stew: This will quickly become one of your new favorite recipes! Instant pot beef stew is both tender and mouth-watering. Much faster to make than your usual beef stew, it’s ideal for those busy nights.
- Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast: A comforting dish that comes together easily! Instant pot Mississippi pot roast is a meal that everyone in your family will love, even those picky eaters. The best part? The sauce can be used as a gravy!
- Pressure Cooker Pot Roast with Potatoes: This is the perfect Sunday family dinner! Loaded with potatoes, vegetables, roast, and seasonings, it’s ready in just under 2 hours! Don’t worry though, the prep and the wait are well worth it!
- Instant Pot Chili: Great for those cold and rainy nights, this Instant pot chili is a blend of beef, beans, spices, and tomatoes with a ton of flavor. It’s the easiest way to make chili and the best way to impress your guests.
- Pressure Cooker Corned Beef and cabbage: Any problems you’ve had with cooking corned beef before will all be solved here. This pressure cooker corned beef and cabbage dish only takes 5 minutes of prep!
- Pressure Cooker Short Ribs: Beefy goodness, tender, and finger-licking good; that’s exactly what these pressure cooker short ribs are! You’ll be able to skip the long-simmering time and trade it in for mere minutes of pressure cooking. How great is that?
- Instant Pot Brisket: A traditional brisket recipe takes time to prep and a long time to cook; you can cut that time in half with this recipe. Simply sear the meat, add the seasoning and vegetables to make a whole meal. In addition, you can enjoy some delicious gravy with flavoring from the brisket.
Other Popular Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork: This pressure cooked barbecue pork is hands down the quickest and simplest way to make unforgettable barbecue pulled pork sandwiches. Skip the smoking or slow cooking methods and opt for the pressure cooker! It’s savory, full of flavor, and comes together in under 2 hours.
- Pressure Cooker Pork Chops: Instant pot pork chops are juicy and full of flavor! They’ll be on your dinner table in under 30 minutes, with the most incredible honey garlic sauce. You can use fresh or frozen pork chops for this recipe.
- Pressure Cooker Ribs: These pressure cooker ribs are quick, easy, and the perfect meal to cook in an instant pot. Finish them off in the oven with a lip-smacking brown sugar and Dijon glaze.
- Pressure Cooker Pork Loin: Here’s a recipe that produces tender and juicy pork loin every time. Much faster than cooking in the oven or slow cooker, it takes about 10 minutes of prep and 35 minutes of cooking time.
- Pressure Cooker Carnitas: Made with a mixture of Mexican spices, pork shoulder, broth, and lime juice, pressure cooker carnitas are crispy, juicy and fall-apart tender! This recipe will walk you through with step-by-step instruction.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs: Here’s one for you – hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot! Using the 5-5-5 method, you’re promised perfect hard-boiled eggs that are cooked to perfection every time.
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese; Creamy, cheesy, and oh so good! Instant Pot mac and cheese will please both kids and adults alike. Five ingredients and 15 minutes are all that is required here.
- Instant Pot Shrimp: Instant Pot shrimp has an incredible honey garlic sauce that is a must-try! Enjoy sweet and sticky shrimp that’s ready in just 15 minutes! Serve it with some rice for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner!
Best Pressure Cooker Brands
- Instant Pot: It’s one of the most popular pressure cooker brands. It’s seven appliances in 1, allowing you to cook healthy, convenient, and tasty meals every time. You’ll love that it has the functions of a pressure cooker, warmer, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, saute and yogurt maker. Ideal for those looking to cook their meals 70 % faster, especially during those busy weeknights.
- Ninja Foodie Pressure Cooker: If you’re looking for a pressure cooker that makes crispy food – then this is for you! The Ninja Foodie Pressure cooker allows you to cook quickly while crisping your meals to golden finish every time. Can cook up to 70% faster versus traditional cooking methods.
- Presto Pressure Cooker: The ideal choice for healthy and flavorful meals that cook fast and easy. The Presto Pressure Cooker works 3 times faster than ordinary methods. Made from stainless steel with a unique tri-clad base for fast heating. Plus, it’s dishwasher safe!
- Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker: Easy to make entire meals, side dishes or appetizers in this 6-Quart Pressure Cooker! With this pressure cooker, you can brown, simmer or sauté food and keep it warm when you’re done!
How to Use a Pressure Cooker?
Add your food and broth to the pot, close the hat and ensure the valve is in the correct placement. Select the proper imperativeness dress, turn the heat up and wait for the blackmail to build inside. This is when the magic trick happens – your food will begin to cook under imperativeness. After that, you release the pressure, safely remove your food and enjoy ! It ’ south best to follow the recipe precisely as you can ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate inspect your food, taste it or adjust the seasonings along the way .
Best pressure Cooker Beef Stew
Instant pot beef stew is one of my favorite pressure cooker recipes. It’s so much faster than the traditional method and is incredibly tender and flavorful!
2 pounds beef vomit roast
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon onion powderize
2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 average onion chopped
Read more: Easy Oven-Baked Baby Back Ribs
3 medium carrots sliced
1 pound baby potatoes
1/4 cup red wine
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
3 teaspoons italian Seasoning
1 true laurel flick
4 tablespoons tomato glue
4 cups beef broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons green peas
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley chop
- Cut the beef into 2-inch cubes, and place them in a large bowl. Season with flour and onion powder .
- plow on the Sauté affair on the Instant Pot, and add 1 tablespoon oil. once hot, add adequate gripe to reach 3/4 fully in one layer. ( cook in batches if needed. )
- Brown the kernel on all sides for 3-5 minutes full, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a plate and reserve .
- Repeat the previous step using the remaining vegetable oil .
- Add all the sautéed gripe to the blink of an eye pot and then add all the remaining ingredients. Mix well .
- Cover the Instant Pot and close the steam valve. Set to Manual High atmospheric pressure to cook for 40 minutes .
- When the cycle is complete, allow the Instant Pot to release coerce naturally ( about 10 minutes depending on the mannequin ) .
- Remove the eyelid and stir in peas and parsley. Add salt and capsicum to taste. Serve and love !
Read more: Garlic Roasted Radishes
Tried this recipe ? Follow or tag us on Pinterest @ izzycooking