Spice it Up!
Everyone knows I LOVE a good spice blend. And we decidedly have one for these wings ! not excessively piquant and not spicy at all. But, so far, ace flavorful. I used my favored poultry seasoning. Feel free to use yours.
Wangz vs Wings
My local grocery store ’ s kernel department precut my wings or WANGZ ! hallelujah ! That saves me some time. No worries if your wings are wholly. A flying chop at the joints is all it take. The dispute between wings and wangz ? Keep scroll to see how I jazz them up !
I like to add thin slices of onion, bell peppers, and butter. This add a long ton of season during the baking meter. The butter besides helps tenderize the kernel and keep it damp. thus, don ’ triiodothyronine keep our on that !
It’s All Gravy, Baby!
After baking the wings for awhile, I drain off the hand over pan drippings. I use the fat at the top of the drippings for my gravy. Combine it with flour and you ’ ll have an amazing roux ! A bang-up roux is the foundation to the perfect gravy !
My recipe will yield turkey wing kernel that literally slides off the bone ! The gravy will thicken even more and stick to the wangz ! I serve it all over rice. Throw in some veggies and cornbread for good measurement and GOOD EATIN ’ !
Smothered Turkey Wings Recipe
southern style, tender, and juicy turkey wings smothered in a thick, savory, homemade gravy made from pan drippings !
switch off turkey wings
I use chef Paul ’ s Poultry Magic
Creole or Cajun seasoning
I use Zatarain ’ s
lodge unsalted butter
Read more: Crab Fried Rice
- Pan drippings from wings
all purpose flour
chicken stock or broth
- Salt and capsicum to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Rinse the wings and dab dry with paper towels
- Mix all spices together in a small bowl
- Sprinkle the spices over the turkey wings and toss the wings to coat evenly .
- spray and boastfully roasting pan with nonstick fudge spray
- Lay the wings in the pan
- Add the onions, bell peppers, and butter into the pan .
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 mins
- Remove pan from the oven
- Drain the pan drippings into a bowl or measuring cup .
- place the wings back into the oven uncover while you make the gravy .
- Use a fat centrifuge cup or skim 1/2 cup of the fat off the top of the pan drippings. Reserve the remainder of the drippings .
- Pour the fat into a pot and estrus on medium high .
- whisk in the flour for 2-3 minutes to cook out the flour taste
- pour in the chicken stock while whisking
- then, pour in the remaining pan drippings .
- Add in the onion and garlic powders
- Continue stirring until the boom thickens ; about 3 minutes. ( Will thicken more in the oven )
- Remove from heat .
- taste and adjust seasoning as desired .
- Pour gravy on top of the wings .
- Cover the pan with foil again .
- Bake for an extra 30-40 mins* or until wings are tender and cooked wholly
- Serve over warmly rice
- enjoy !
*Turkey wing size disagree. Bake the wings until they are fork tender. This time may vary. My wings may be smaller than yours. Additional timing may be needed .
Category : Culinary