With Easter around the corner, it ’ second time to start planning the vacation dinner menu. Our family loves the classical holiday dishes such as spiral overact. While I used to buy Honey Baked Hams, once I realized how easy it is to make a delectable ham sugarcoat and a juicy baked ham at home, there was no turning back. No more long lines in the parking lot to get a ham !
Reading: Brown Sugar Glaze Spiral Ham Recipe
Spiral Ham Recipe
Cooking a spiral ham is actually very easy. It ’ sulfur merely a count of mixing up a brown boodle glass for ham, pouring it on, then cooking the ham in your oven .
Spiral Ham Glaze
In addition to your ham, you entirely need three ingredients for this homemade ham glaze – brown sugar, maple syrup and apple juice. It doesn ’ thyroxine get much easier than that !
How To Glaze A Ham
To glaze a ham, the ingredients are combined in a saucepan and simmer for 10-15 minutes. After the sugarcoat has reduced and thickened, then half of the glaze is poured over the spiral ham, and into the oven it goes .
The remaining one-half is added at the end of cooking, allowing you to get those deliciously caramelized edges that make your ham both expression and taste fantastic .
How Long To Cook A Spiral Ham?
Wondering how long to cook ham in the oven ? Since most hams are precooked, you want to cook them until they reach an inner ham temperature of 140 degrees, when measured at the thickest part of the ham .
For the average 7-10 pound ham, this will take around 1 1/2 to 2 hours. approximately 12 minutes of cook fourth dimension per pound for this brown boodle ham is a full guidepost to work with, but make surely to always double check the internal temperature .
Storing Leftover Ham
memory leftovers, tightly covered, in refrigerator for 2-3 days or in deep-freeze for 1-2 months. I recommend wrapping in credit card envelop, then placing in a deep-freeze style bag. Try to get a much air travel out as potential .
Sides Dishes For Ham
While we love easy Maple Glazed Ham, it equitable wouldn ’ triiodothyronine be complete without sides to go with ham. Because this ham bakes in the oven, I am a big fan of side dishes that can be made in the crockpot. I tied have a few supernumerary cheap crockpots that I purchased for holidays and potlucks .
Crockpot Side Dishes
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes – we simply cannot have a holiday without mashed potatoes.
- Sweet Potato Casserole – sweet potatoes are my all time favorite side for hams.
- Crockpot Creamed Corn – this is the recipe that made me fall in love with creamed corn.
Side Dishes That Don’t Need The Oven
While these sides aren ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate made in the crockpot, they aren ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate made in the oven either .
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole – the perfect combination of cheese and potatoes.
- Easy Mac & Cheese – a classic that the kids can’t get enough of.
- Sweet Tooth Salad – the perfect salad for those of us with a sweet tooth.
Make Ahead Side Dishes
Making a few of your sides the day before is constantly a great design .
- Ambrosia Fruit Salad – this is a great dish to whip up the night before.
- Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad – this classic creamy macaroni salad is perfect with ham.
- KFC Coleslaw – I still can’t believe how much this tastes like the restaurant version!
- Rotini Pasta Salad – packed full of veggies, I love adding pieces of leftover ham to this the next day!
Bake Ahead Side Dishes
While these dishes need the oven, they can be made ahead of time .
- Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls – perfectly fluffy rolls, they make great sliders with leftovers.
- Jiffy Cornbread – this doctored cornbread recipe is hands down the best I’ve ever had.
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits – if you have cheese lovers like I do, they will want seconds.
- Corn Casserole – you can bake this ahead of time, then heat up in the microwave.
Oven Baked Side Dishes
These dishes are made in the oven. If you have a double oven, or if you want to have them ready to pop in the minute you pull out your ham ( my method acting ) they are bang-up compliments to your holiday meal .
- Easy Glazed Carrots – my kids ask for these all the time, they are fantastic.
- Homemade Green Bean Casserole – a creamy green bean dish with no “can of” soups.
- Cheesy Garlic Rolls – imagine a savory cinnamon roll filled with cheese and garlic. These are amazing.
Holiday & Easter Dessert Recipes
We never forget dessert ! here are some decadent desserts to serve after your spiral overact dinner .
Click to pin & save recipe.
Glazed Spiral Ham Recipe
Skip the long lines at the honey baked ham store and make a delicious Brown Sugar Glaze Spiral ham at home in your own oven.
Print Pin It Share
servings (depending on size of ham)
7-10 pound spiral sliced ham
1 cup apple juice
Read more: Garlic Roasted Radishes
1 cup brown carbohydrate light or dark will work
1 cup pure maple syrup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine the apple juice, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Bring to a low boil then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Glaze is ready when it’s thickened and shiny.
Place ham in a baking greased baking dish and coat with half of the glaze mixture. Cover pan with foil, tenting so foil does not touch the ham, and bake for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until a thermometer inserted at the thickest part of the ham reads 140 degrees F.
Pour remaining glaze over the top of ham, and return to oven, uncovered. Turn temperature to 450 degrees and bake for another 5-7 minutes, keeping a close eye on it to prevent burning. When glaze is turning dark and caramelizing (but not burning!) remove from oven. Serve and enjoy.
Read more: Easy Oven-Baked Baby Back Ribs
Tried this Recipe ? Pin it ! Mention @ LoveFromTheOven or tag # LFTORecipes