Jump to Recipe
Frutti di Mare
A identical popular italian pasta dish entail “ fruit of the ocean ” made with the freshest seafood you can get your hands on and a thick homemade arrabiata sauce. perfection !
This fancy looking dinner is one of the most impressive meals normally served during the Feast of Seven Fishes, but it ’ randomness besides then easily to make that you can have it on the table in 30 minutes on a Tuesday. I swear on my saffron !
I chose wild prawn, baby manila clams, mussels and squid tentacles, but you can pretty much make it with whatever mollusk you like .
You can use all clams or just prawn, add lobster tails even ; whatever rocks your tastebuds and looks fresh at the market that day. Baby sea scallops would besides make a reasonably fabulous accession to the mix .
The real secret here is to not overcook the seafood ! Because cipher likes rubbery prawn or squid or scallops, correct ? ! so keep a conclude eye on it at all times, this is not the time to watch a movie .
After you make this dish a pair of times it will come naturally to you and you ’ ll be ready to bring it to that italian Christmas Eve Feast of the Fishes like a real party boss !
How to Make Frutti di Mare Seafood Spaghetti
- Quickly sauté some garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil, about 20 seconds.
- Add clams and mussels and hit it with a good splash of dry white wine. Insane!
- Stir in your shrimp and squid tentacles, then add some good homemade arrabiata
- Toss some spaghetti or linguine with the seafood and the sauce and dive in!
Favorite Italian Recipes:
Frutti di Mare Recipe
The ultimate spaghetti Frutti di Mare recipe, made with baby clams, mussels, squid and shrimp in a thick red Arrabiata sauce. Fra Diavolo style seafood spaghetti, better than your favorite Italian restaurant.
- 1 pound clams & mussels ( desegregate ) cleaned well
- 1 pound crazy shrimp peeled
- 1/2 pound squid tentacles
- 1/4 c supernumerary virgin olive vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tsp crimson pepper flakes + more to taste
- 1/2 c white wine
- 1 lemon for serving
- 1/3 c fresh basil leaves or chopped italian parsley
Read more: BBQ Baked Chicken Wings
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1 batch arrabiata tomato sauce made advance
- ocean salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salt water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions until Al Dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the piquant pasta body of water .
- meanwhile heating system up your largest frying pan on average low flame .
- Add a stuff of olive oil, the garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir cursorily making certain not to burn the garlic. Add in the clams and mussels and toss them around .
- pour in the white wine and cover with a eyelid. Cook for about a infinitesimal or so until the clams start to open .
- Add the shrimp to the frying pan with clams and give it a stimulate. Cover and cook for another moment or so .
- once all the clams and mussels have opened and the runt is about cooked, add the squid tentacles. Cook another 30 seconds or thus until they curl up .
- taste for seasonings and add more sea strategic arms limitation talks if needed. ( Remember that shellfish will spit out a fortune of ocean urine during cook, so wait till the end to season )
- interim warm up the sauce in a saucepan. Pour the sauce over the seafood and chuck to coat well .
- Add the cooked spaghetti pasta to the frying pan with the seafood and flip to coat in the sauce. Add a small bit of the reserved pasta water if needed to stretch out the sauce .
- Transfer your seafood spaghetti to a service platter, drizzle with a lugsail of olive oil and scattering with the basil and parsley .
- serve with lemon wedges on the side .
- The Seafood – You can use all clams or merely shrimp, add lobster tails even, whatever rocks your boat and looks fresh at the market that day ! Baby sea scallops would besides make a fabulous summation to the mix .
- Recipe Tip – The real confidential here is to not overcook the seafood ! Because n obody likes cartilaginous shrimp or squid or scallops, right ? thus keep an eye on it at all times .
Read more: BBQ Baked Chicken Wings
You ’ ll besides Love :