Juicy and Tender London Broil Is A Budget Friendly Steak Dinner Option This amazing steak recipe first appeared at The Salty Marshmallow where I am a subscriber.
Steak is one of my darling meals. Of path, steak can get expensive, so if you want to impress your family and friends with a steak dinner on a budget, this easy London Broil recipe is the one you need to make .
London Broil Is A Preparation, Not A Cut Of Beef. London Broil Is Mostly Made With Flank Steak
The Best London Broil Recipe
This London broil recipe is melt in your mouth delightful, flavorful, juicy and a great way to feed a crowd on a budget. This restaurant quality London Broil roast is seasoned with the easiest and most delightful marinade and cooks in about 10 minutes .
After marinating the flank steak, I quickly sear it in a frying pan and then I finish the cook in the oven. The integral cooking summons takes very little fourth dimension, which makes this steak recipe a great meal to make on busy weeknights .
Some recipes instruct you to broil the steak in the oven however, I find that this method can make the beef very dry and if you don ’ t keep an center on it, it can be a entire disaster .
Cooking A London Broil Roast Takes Very Little Time
What Cut Of Meat Is London Broil ?
London broil was in the first place made entirely with flank steak, although through the years early cuts of beef like crown round off steak have been sold with that name .
It is authoritative to know that London broil is actually not a cut of kernel but a preparation. Some London Broil recipes are made on the grill, some are obviously broiled and some are pan fried .
How To Tenderize London Broil
Marinating London Broil helps to tenderize the kernel. Marinating is alike to brining. Marinating not only adds season, it besides adds moisture to the meat, preventing it from drying when cooked. The acidity in the marinade changes the coat texture, making the beef more attendant .
Can You Marinate London Broil Too Long
The quick answer is yes. Marinades contain acids like vinegar and citrus juice or enzymes like papaya and mango. If you marinate the kernel for besides long, the meat will get bathetic and bad. Don ’ thyroxine marinate your London Broil for any longer than 8 to 12 hours .
The London Broil Marinade Helps Tenderize The Meat
What Does London Broil Taste Like ?
London broil or flank steak is a hood cut of meat with a relatively balmy taste. This type of gripe benefits from a tasty marinade with adequate acerb to tenderize the meat while adding lots of season .
How To Cook London Broil ?
- Make The Marinade: First, mix the London Broil marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place the round steak or flank steak in a shallow dish or in a large resealable bag. Pour the marinade over the roast and marinate for one hour to 8 to 12 hours
- Sear The Beef: When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the London Broil roast from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels (this will help get the meat golden brown). Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sear the beef for about 2 minutes per side.
- Finish Cooking In The Oven: Place the skillet in the heated oven and cook for about 6 minutes or until the steak reaches your desired temperature.
- Rest, Slice And Serve: Remove the steak from the oven and allow it to rest, tented with aluminum foil for about 5-10 minutes. After this resting period, slice the beef against the grain and serve.
The Best London Broil Is Made In A Few Simple Steps
What Is The Best temperature To Cook London Broil ?
London Broil Flank Steak is juicy and affectionate when cooked to medium rare. Flank steak and top round both get dry and chewy when overcooked .
Steak Internal Temperatures
rare : 120 – 125 degrees F
MEDIUM RARE : 130 – 135 degrees F
MEDIUM : 140 – 145 degrees F
MEDIUM WELL : 150 – 155 degrees F
WELL DONE : 160 degrees F and above
Slice London Broil Flank Steak Thinly And Against The Grain
London Broil Recipe Tips
- Marinate the beef for one hour to 8 to 12 hours. Marinating the steak is essential in this recipe as it adds lots of flavor while tenderizing the meat.
- If you marinate the steak for longer than an hour, remove the meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking it so it’s not too chilled.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and pat dry the beef with paper towels. Drying the meat ensures a nice golden brown sear on the London broil.
- Sear the meat over high heat and cook quickly to prevent over cooking.
- Do not over cook the meat. For tender and juicy London broil, the flank steak should be cooked to medium-rare (130 – 135 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Allow the beef to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing it.
- Slice the beef against the grain.
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & divine guidance !
London Broil Recipe
This London Broil recipe is the best, most delicious and tender London broil steak ever. This marinated London Broil is the perfect budget friendly steak dinner!
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons lemon juice newly squeezed
4 garlic cloves minced
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground black capsicum
1/4 cup olive oil
For The London Broil
1 London Broil ( flank steak ) about 1 1/2 pounds
2 tablespoon olive oil
Make The Marinade
In a small bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients.
Read more: Million Dollar Roast Beef Tenderloin Recipe
Place the beef in a large resealable plastic bag or in a shallow dish.
- Add the marinade and seal the bag, removing vitamin a much breeze as potential. Or pour the marinade over the steak and cover charge with credit card wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 8 to 12 hours .
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
Remove the steak from the marinade and gently pat dry it with paper towels.
Place the steak in the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes per side.
Place the skillet in the oven and cook for about 5-6 minutes or until the steak reaches your desired level of doneness. See Tips below.
Remove from the oven and let the meat rest, tented with aluminum foil for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.
Chef ’ s Tips
- Remove the London broil from the refrigerator 30 minutes before you are ready to cook it.
- It is best to cook London Broil Flank Steak to medium rare. Over cooked flank steak gets dry and chewy.
- Internal Temperatures For Steak
RARE: 120 – 125 degrees F
MEDIUM RARE: 130 – 135 degrees F
MEDIUM: 140 – 145 degrees F
MEDIUM WELL: 150 – 155 degrees F
WELL DONE: 160 degrees F and above
* Please note that all nutrition information are fair estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results .