Free: 5 Secrets To Fast Healthy Dinners
Get It Now This mail may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content detached. ( Full disclosure ) Easy steak recipes are my favorite for weeknight meals a well as special occasions, because they are SO comfortable, yet flavorful and feel extra adequate for a vacation, excessively. so today, let me show you how to cook London broil in the oven ! This London broil recipe has a super elementary London bake marinade, resulting in absolutely tender steak that cooks cursorily under the broiler — in less than 15 minutes. I ’ ve got plenty more steak recipes because, well, who doesn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate love steak ? ! If you want to learn other easy ways to make steak, try fillet mignon, New York strip, or sirloin steak following time.
Reading: London Broil Recipe In The Oven
What Is London Broil ?
London bake is a method acting and style of marinade, cook, and slicing gripe. A cut of beef is marinated for a few hours, broiled over high heat, and then thinly sliced across the grain and served.
What cut of meat is london broil?
in the first place, London broil steak was made with flank steak, but now it very refers to the cooking method more than the cut. Some butchers will label top round, coulotte, or other cuts as London bake.
Why You ’ ll Love This London Broil Recipe
- Flavorful, easy marinade
- Perfectly t ender steak
- Easy to prep ahead
- Cooks in less than 15 minutes
- Healthy dinnerwith great source of protein
London Broil Marinade Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for marinating London broil, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
Read more: BBQ Baked Chicken Wings
- Flank Steak – I prefer grass-fed beef for best flavor and nutrition, but any flank steak or cuts labeled London broil at the butcher shop (such as top round steak or coulotte) will work.
- Olive Oil – Or avocado oil.
- Coconut Aminos – Coconut aminos is a great gluten-free option (and this is why I prefer not to cook with soy, but you can also use soy sauce.
- Lemon Juice – Acidic ingredients like lemon juice tenderize the meat. Fresh has the best flavor, but bottled is convenient. You can also substitute lime juice. Vinegars, such as apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, or balsamic vinegar, can also have a similar effect.
- Worcestershire Sauce – This helps give the London broil marinade recipe deep flavor. While it adds a small amount of sugar, it’s negligible.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic is the most flavorful, but jarred is fine for convenience. We’re using minced garlic cloves, so either will work.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Dried Herbs – I used oregano and thyme, but Italian seasoning is also delicious.
- Compound Butter – Mine uses a combination of butter, garlic, fresh chives, fresh parsley, and sea salt. Get the compound butter instructions here to top your London broil steak recipe, plus it includes options for using other herbs if you prefer.
How To Cook London Broil In The Oven
This section shows how to make London bake baked in the oven, with bit-by-bit photos and details about the proficiency. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Mix London broil marinade. Add olive oil, coconut aminos, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, black pepper, oregano, and thyme to large zip lock bag and mix together.
- Marinate. Add flank steak to the zip lock bag and squeeze out excess air. (Alternatively, you can mix up the marinade in a small bowl and pour it over the steak in a large bowl or baking pan.) Gently massage the marinade into the steak. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but no more than 12 hours.
- Make compound butter. Instructions to make compound butter can be found here.
- Broil. Remove steak from the marinade and place into a baking dish. Let it sit at room temperature while the broiler is preheating. Broil, flipping halfway through, until the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F (for medium rare). If you prefer other doneness, check the temperature chart in my sirloin steak recipe or recommendations on the recipe card below.
- Rest. Remove steak from baking dish (so it doesn’t continue cooking!) and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice. London broil should be thinly sliced against the grain, so that it’s nice and tender.
How long To Cook London Broil ?
London broil in the oven cooks quickly under the broiler. The demand time will depend on how compact your steak is, but it takes about 6-7 minutes per slope for a 1-inch-thick steak. Use a kernel thermometer to cook it to 135 degrees F.
Tips For Cooking London Broil
Follow these tips for the best way to make London bake !
- Use the right marinade. A good London broil marinade contains both oil and an acidic ingredient (like lemon juice) to tenderize the meat.
- Don’t over marinate. Steak should be marinated for 2-12 hours for best flavor and texture. Over 12 hours and your meat will turn mushy.
- Don’t overcook. Steaks become tough when they are overcooked, and medium-rare to medium is best for a London Broil. Use a meat thermometer to cook it precisely.
- Slice against the grain. Cutting the steak against the grain breaks up the muscle fibers and ensures that every bite is tender.
other Cooking Methods
If you don ’ thymine want to cook your London broil in the oven, you can use the like London bake marinade and then cook it on the grill or stovetop. With any method acting, don ’ thyroxine forget the kernel thermometer to check for doneness.
- Grill – Cook on the grill over medium-high heat, 6-7 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Stovetop – For a steak that is less than 1 inch in thickness, you can cook it on the stovetop only, about 3 minutes per side, until browned. Then leave it in the pan, tented with foil, for 5-10 minutes to finish cooking from the residual heat. For thicker steaks, it’s best to transfer to the oven after browning, to finish cooking. It will take another 2-8 minutes in the oven, at 400 degrees F, depending on the thickness of your steak. Cast-iron skillets work best for cooking London broil on the stovetop, because it heats so well, creating a nice sear, and goes straight from stovetop to oven if needed.
- Store: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat sliced steak in a hot skillet until warm, or place in the oven at 300 degrees F with a bit of broth and covered in aluminum foil, to lock in moisture. Be careful to not overcook.
- Freeze: Freeze steak for 2-3 months in an airtight container.
What To Serve With London Broil
Serve this London broil roast recipe with a vegetable slope dish :
Easy London Broil Recipe
Pin It For later !
Read more: The Best Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe calling card is below ! Readers that made this besides viewed these recipes :