serve with corn whiskey chips and salsa & guacamole, or a simple black bean and corn salad for a nutrify and satisfying meal .
To Make Burritos
From shopping to prep, to presentation, you ’ ll love how immediate crunch beef burrito come together .
Burritos are thus versatile that you can alter the ingredients however you please .
- Meat: I use ground beef in this recipe but of course you can use ground chicken or turkey or any other kind of ground meat. Ground beef and black bean burritos are equally delicious.
- Cheese: Cheeses offer lots of options too. Shredded cheddar or any Mexican cheeses, such as crumbly Cotija or creamy Oaxaca would all be easy alternatives.
- Tortilla: Flour tortillas will be the easiest to fold but corn tortillas (more on how to fold a burrito here)!
How to Make a Ground Beef Burrito:
- Brown ground beef & onions then stir in the taco seasoning.
- Warm the refried beans and tortillas.
- In the center of each burrito wrap, place a couple of tablespoons of beans and seasoned meat and sprinkle with cheese. Wrap and enjoy.
Burritos can be messy to eat if they aren ’ t rolled up tightly, so learn how to fold a burrito like a pro to ensure all those delectable filling go into mouths and not onto laps !
How to Wrap the Perfect Burrito
Start by warming the burrito. This will make them a little stretchable and slowly to handle .
- Place all the fillings in the center. Don’t overload.
- Fold the burrito. Using your fingertips, fold in one side, then the top and bottom snugly keeping the fillings in the center. Fillings should not squeeze out of the ends.
- Enclose by rolling the final side.
now you can enjoy a crunch gripe burrito relatively mess-free !
To Freeze Burritos
If you ’ ra looking for optimum deep-freeze foods for make-ahead convenience, you can ’ t do any better than burritos. They well go from deep-freeze to microwave or oven anytime you need a quick lunch, dinner or nosh .
- To Freeze: Cool completely, then wrap individually in aluminum foil and pack into freezer bags.
- Defrost Overnight: Remove from the freezer and place in the fridge overnight.
- To Reheat: Burritos can be heated in the microwave 2-3 minutes or baked at 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Burritos will keep for astir to four months in the deep-freeze, and can besides be refrigerated for up to four days .
More Tex-Mex Meals
Favorite Beef Burritos
Easy, tasty & filling weeknight meal!
1 pound tend ground gripe 80/20
1 small yellow onion finely minced
1 packet taco seasoning
¼ cup fresh coriander minced
6 12 ” flour tortillas warmed
16 ounces refried beans warmed
1 cup colby jack tall mallow shredded
Follow Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
In a 12″ skillet set over medium-high heat add ground beef and yellow onion.
- Cook the meat until it ’ s no longer pink and the onions are translucent. Drain any fat .
- Add in the greaser flavorer and prepare according to the package directions .
- When the meat is amply cooked arouse in the coriander and remove from the heat.
Read more: Crab Fried Rice
- Lay out the flour tortilla and spread a layer of refried beans into the middle of each tortilla .
- acme each tortilla with an peer measure of the meat concoction and shredded cheese .
- Roll up each tortilla burrito-style and enjoy warm .
Optional: Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add burrito seam side down and cook 2-3 minutes or until slightly browned. Flip over and repeat with the other side.
I kept this recipe simpleton but if desired add sour cream, tomatoes, jalapenos or other favorites into the tortilla before roll .
Keep in mind raw vegetables do n’t freeze well .
( Nutrition information provided is an calculate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. )
Read more: Million Dollar Roast Beef Tenderloin Recipe
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both bucked up and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting broad recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please opinion my photograph use policy here