Fried Pickles Recipe
By Amy Johnson This post may contain Amazon or other consort links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This Fried Pickles Recipe makes a perfectly pleasing palatable plate of good. Sliced and coated with seasoned flour and french-fry. Serve them as an appetizer or a fun side dish at your adjacent party, and watch them disappear !
Reading: Fried Pickles Recipe
It seems that equitable about every food known has been fried. Some successful. Others, not indeed much. Most fry foods, I can take a bite or two, and that ’ s enough, I can take it or leave it. But there are other electrocute foods, like mushrooms, onions, or these Fried Pickles have a season and texture combination that fair seems right. And to take one bite or two international relations and security network ’ t the easiest thing to do. For that cause, we don ’ thymine organize fried foods on a regular basis. Everything in moderation and all of that .
When we do fry something, we make certain that it ’ randomness worth the extra calories and fatness. These Fried Pickles are worth it in our opinion, or as they refer to tasty things around our area, they ’ rhenium “ beneficial eating. ” Of course, don ’ metric ton forget the Comeback Sauce ( identical similar to Zax Sauce ) for dipping. It ’ s an necessity partner for Fried Pickles. It good is .
How to make fried pickles?
- In a medium bowl, add the flour and the Italian seasoning garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix those. Pour the water and hot sauce in the flour and whisk until creamy.
- Cut the pickles on slices, then pat them dry with a paper towel. Add oil into the pan and preheat over medium heat.
- Transfer the dried pickles into the batter using a slotted spoon, let the excess drip off. Add the pickles one by one in the preheated oil and fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Tips for Fried Pickles Recipe:
- One of the most important steps of this recipe is allowing the pickles to dry off. The batter will adhere to them better and reduce spattering too.
- These Fried Pickles are little on the spicy side—not too hot, but subtly spicy. I think it’s just the perfect amount of kick (it’s a small itsy bitsy teeny weeny kick), but if you’re concerned about the amount of heat, adjust hot sauce amount to preference, or delete the hot sauce altogether, substituting a little pickle juice or water in its place.
- A thermometer to monitor oil temperature when frying is a must. Guessing when the oil is at the correct temperature isn’t a good idea.
- The right tools make all the difference in a smooth frying experience or a huge mess. A large spoon strainer or taiwanese Spider is so helpful when deep-frying at home.
- Serious Eats has a great article about wok deep frying
These crisp pickles are one of the most delicious fry treats. They can be enjoyed as an appetizer, added to food boards, or served as a side dish with about any meal .
As an appetizer, fried pickles can be served with the ultimate go-to rejoinder sauce. We do love appetizers, specially for entertaining. A few of our favorites, such as simpleton mustard dipping sauce, easy baba ghanoush recipe made with roast eggplant, garlic, and tahini, are a bang-up additions to an appetizer spread as well. You can besides serve fry pickles as a side dish with sweet and piquant glazed salmon, crisp fried wimp, chicken kabob, or added into burgers alternatively of regular pickles .
More delicious appetizer and snack recipes:
Perfect Deviled Eggs
Wrapped Pineapple Bites
Polenta Pizzas Recipe
Cucumber hummus cups
Coq Au Vin Recipe
Fried Pickles Recipe
Continue to Content
Fried Pickles Recipe
homework fourth dimension :
Read more: BBQ Baked Chicken Wings
cook prison term :
sum clock :
Fried Pickles are a fantastic flavor and texture combination and arrant for an appetizer or side dish .
- oil for frying (vegetable or peanut)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (Greek seasoning or your favorite seasoning medley may be substituted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 ounces dill pickle slices, drained and dried on paper towels
Read more: Million Dollar Roast Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- Heat 1 1/2-2 inches oil in a heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat to 375-degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl or rimmed plate, whisk together flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add hot sauce and water and mix until smooth.
- Working in batches, add dried pickles to the batter, gently toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon (or Chinese Spider), remove pickles from the batter and let excess drip off. Gently add pickles to the oil one at a time. Fry for about 1 1/2-2 minutes or until golden. Remove and let drain on paper towels. Monitor oil temperature as batches are frying to maintain consistent 375-degrees F.
- Serve with Comeback Sauce and/or ketchup.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photograph on Facebook
primitively published August 15, 2014 .