The Easiest Coleslaw Recipe!
I used to think coleslaw would require a distribute of ingredients and insisted on newly shredded pilfer but this version uses FOUR ingredients and includes a pre-shredded cabbage blend and it tastes perfect !
This coleslaw recipe is one of those binding pocket recipes, specially during the summer with all the cookouts. It ’ s the arrant final minute side and goes absolutely with broiled meats and blistering or cold sandwiches .
It ’ sulfur barely one of those recipes you ’ ll use over and over, plus it ’ randomness ace versatile and you can customize it how you like. Keep read below for some delightful ideas !
Coleslaw Salad and Coleslaw Dressing Ingredients
- Shredded coleslaw mix
- Good quality mayonnaise
- Apple cider vinegar
How to Make Coleslaw
- Make coleslaw dressing: In a small mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and honey. If needed season with a bit of salt.
- Pour dressing over shredded cabbage mixture: Place shredded coleslaw mix in a large bowl then pour the dressing mixture over.
- Toss together: Toss to evenly coat. Easy as that!
- Tip: I like to serve it right away while the cabbage is nice and crisp but if want it a little more tender let it rest 10 minutes in the fridge.
More Mix-In Ideas
You can besides add early mix-ins to the coleslaw things like :
- dried cranberries
- sliced almonds
- bleu cheese or cheddar cheese
- fresh strawberries
Additional Ways to Season It
If you want extra flavor add early seasonings such as :
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- celery seed
- dry mustard or dijon mustard
- cilantro (with lime in place of vinegar)
- green onions
How Long Does Coleslaw Keep?
- The salt and vinegar in the coleslaw dressing start to break down the cabbage and draw the moisture out, so once the dressing is added I recommend that you serve within a couple of hours for best results.
- If you have leftovers it can still be eaten the next day the dressing just becomes runnier.
- Unfortunately it can’t be frozen. The overall texture will change too much.
- For make ahead: Mix dressing up to 3 days in advance. Pour over cabbage mixture when ready to serve.
How to Make It Healthy
To make this healthier replace half of the mayonnaise with a thick plain greek yogurt .
Is It Keto?
As is this Coleslaw won ’ thymine match into the ketogenic diet, but you can make it keto friendly by replacing the beloved with a sweetening such as yaw .
What to Serve with Homemade Coleslaw
coleslaw goes well with just about anything but here are a few things I love to pair with it :
More Delicious Coleslaw Recipes to Try
Follow Cooking Classy
The easiest homemade coleslaw with only FOUR ingredients and it only takes minutes to make! It’s so creamy, so refreshing and so delicious. The perfect summer side dish!
- 1 ( 14 oz. ) pkg. coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup good timbre mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey ( or granulated sugar )
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt ( optional, to taste )
In a small mixing bowl whisk together mayonnaise honey, apple cider vinegar and a pinch or two of salt if needed.
Place coleslaw mixture in a medium mixing bowl pour mayonnaise mixture over then toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately.
- Try it with mix-ins too! I love it with bleu cheese, apples, dried cranberries or sliced almonds.
- If you are looking to boost flavor try it with some of these seasonings to taste: onion powder, garlic powder, celery seed, dry mustard or dijon mustard, and black pepper
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g
Vitamin A 115IU
Vitamin C 36.3mg
Read more: BBQ Baked Chicken Wings
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet .
nutriment values are estimates merely. See full disclaimer here.