disclosure : This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase the items I recommend through the links I provide, I get a small perpetration at no extra monetary value to you. For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Fox and Briar !
Baked instead of fried!
I always think of Chicken Parmesan as being a complicated and labor intensive recipe – but I recently discovered that Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan is not lone easily, but promptly adequate for a weeknight dinner !
This is a great wimp breast recipe – cutting the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and then pounding them slenderly to make them evening thickness will help them cook cursorily and in truth helps you achieve more of a restaurant timbre sample.
How to cut chicken breasts in half
I have never cut my chicken breasts like this ahead, but it is very simple and makes a huge dispute the cook time and taste. simply cut through the middle as if you are going to butterfly the chicken breast ( cutting it open like a script ), but cut all the way through to make two equal sized pieces .
After cutting the chicken breasts in half, place them in a gallon sized zip crown bulge in an even layer, seal it, then ram them to an evening thickness. You can use a meat pounder or a roll pivot to do this. You can besides place the wimp breasts between two layers of cling wrap rather of a energy clear bag if you prefer .
How to make Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Line a baking sheet with foil, brush foil with olive oil. Adjust oven rack so that is in the second from the top space. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and pound to even thickness.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper.
- In one shallow dish, mix together panko bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper.
- In another shallow dish, whisk one egg.
- Dip one chicken breast into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture. Ensure chicken breast is fully coated in the crumb mixture, and gently press with your hand do help the crumbs stick to the chicken. Place chicken breast on prepared baking sheet, repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
- Place baking sheet in oven on the second from the top rack. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Flip chicken, pour 1/4 cup of marinara sauce over each piece of chicken, then top with cheese. Place back in the oven. Turn on the broiler. Broil for 2-4 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly and edges of chicken are browning.
What temperature do you bake Chicken Parmesan at?
Bake this Chicken Parmesan at 400 degrees to ensure it is nice and crisp, then finish it under the broiler .
How long do you bake Chicken Parmesan in the oven?
Because the chicken breasts have been cut in half and pounded to an equal thickness, they cook very quickly – it only takes about 15 minutes for them to be done .
Do you need to cover chicken Parmesan in the oven?
No, I did not cover the chicken while baking it. Leaving the chicken uncovered allows with to get more crisp and prevents it from getting soggy .
What is the best Parmesan Cheese to use for Baked Chicken Parmesan?
As always, I recommend buying a lodge of Parmesan tall mallow and grating it yourself quite then buying pre-grated Parmesan cheese. Often containers of pre-grated Parmesan have wood pulp in them, not to mention they just don ’ thymine taste as good. You are better off buying a bomber of real Parmigiano-Reggiano and using a microplane to grate it .
Is baked chicken parmesan healthy?
Baked Chicken Parmesan is healthy because it is baked and not fried, which means it uses less vegetable oil. Using chicken breasts means it has lots of protein but less fat. I use my homemade marinara sauce, which has no add sugar. And you can control the type of cheese you use, vitamin a well as how much. Although I prefer to use unharmed milk mozzarella, you can besides use depart skim if you prefer ( it precisely doesn ’ thyroxine melt quite as nicely, and I think the difference in calories is minimal ). One serve of this Baked Chicken Parmesan has 436 calories vs Olive Garden Chicken Parmesan which has 1450 calories according to their web site .
ready to make Baked Chicken Parmesan ? This recipe calls for marinara sauce – I always make my easily 20 Minute Marinara for this, because it is so fast. I start it properly before I start the chicken, then when it is clock to put the marinara on the chicken, the sauce is done .
More Easy Italian Recipes
Make Ahead Meatballs
Creamy Sausage and Tortellini Soup
sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan
This delicious Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe is easy and doesn’t require any frying. Because this chicken Parmesan is baked, it is healthy, quick and easy! Make this crispy baked Parmesan crusted chicken for dinner tonight in about thirty minutes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 wimp breasts About 1 lebanese pound of chicken sum
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko boodle crumb
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese fresh grated
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
Read more: Million Dollar Roast Beef Tenderloin Recipe
tablespoon minced parsley optional, for garnishee
Line a baking sheet with foil, brush foil with olive oil. Adjust oven rack so that is in the second from the top space. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Cut the chicken breasts in half and pound to even thickness: Cut through the middle of the chicken breast as if you are going to butterfly it (cutting it open like a book), but cut all the way through to make two equal sized pieces.
After cutting the chicken breasts in half, place them in a gallon sized zip top bag in an even layer, seal it, then pound them to an even thickness using a meat pounder or a rolling pin. You can also place the chicken breasts between two layers of cling wrap instead of a zip top bag if you prefer.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper .
- In one shallow serve, mix together panko bread crumb, grated parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper .
- In another shallow smasher, whisk one egg .
- Dip one chicken breast into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture. Ensure chicken breast is amply coated in the crumb mixture, and gently press with your hand do help the rotter stick to the wimp. Place chicken summit on prepare bake sheet, repeat with remaining pieces of chicken .
Place baking sheet in oven on the second from the top rack. Bake for
, or until cooked through.
- Flip chicken, pour 1/4 cup of marinara sauce over each piece of chicken, then peak with cheese. Place back in the oven. Turn on the broiler. Broil for 2-4 minutes, until tall mallow is melted and champagne and edges of chicken are browning .
Nutritional information is an estimate for your convenience. If you have strict nutritional needs, please do your due diligence to make sure this recipe fits your needs.
Did you like this recipe ? Please gloss, rate and share ! And don ’ t forget to tag me on Instagram @ foxandbriar AND # foxandbriar so I can see what you made !
nutritional data is an estimate for your convenience. If you have nonindulgent nutritional needs, please do your due diligence to make certain this recipe fits your needs.