Make this flavorful stovetop chicken breast recipe and match it with your favored vegetable and grain to complete your meal !
Pan seared chicken breast is hands-down one of my front-runner slowly chicken recipes ! It ’ s quick, simpleton, and oh-so flavorful.
Why Pan Seared Chicken Breast?
Yes, we know there are countless ways to make chicken breast – baked wimp, grilled chicken, Instant Pot chicken, Sous Vide chicken, air fryer chicken, indeed why pan seared chicken ?
- Fast: In less than half an hour you can have a beautiful dinner whipped up that the whole family will adore.
- Easy Ingredients: All you really need for this recipe is chicken breast, spices, and butter/olive oil.
- Versatile: serve it on pasta, with veggies, in a casserole, or on top of rice. This method of cooking makes chicken so versatile!
- Flavorful: you are absolutely going to live the chicken seasoning we used on this pan fried chicken.
How to Cook Chicken Breast in a Pan
Stovetop chicken is soooo simple and only requires 3 steps and about 30 minutes of your fourth dimension. Check it out :
Step 1: Tenderize Chicken Breast
Tenderizing your wimp front may seem like you ’ re going above and beyond, but it ’ mho actually super important !
Why should I tenderize chicken breast?
The reason you should tenderize your chicken before pan fry is sol that everything cooks evenly. wimp breasts can vary in size ; part of your chicken could be 2.5 inches thick and other parts could be 1 edge thick .
seat chicken breast on a cutting board and cover them with parchment paper. then, use a kernel tenderizer to thump wimp breast until it is even throughout .
The more you ram it, the fast it will cook. We pounded our chicken breast until it was about 1 to 1.5-inches thick .
Step 2: Season Chicken
When in doubt, do NOT skip this gradation ! Seasoning your chicken front is important for relish, post-searing !
Best Chicken Seasoning
We ’ ve whipped up a homemade chicken seasoning for this recipe that ’ mho savory, garlicky, and slightly smokey. We have an entire mail about this chicken season, but I thought I ’ five hundred give you the gloomy down on what ’ mho in it !
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Dried thyme
- Ground mustard
- Dried basil
- Ground pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Brown sugar
For 1.5 pound. of boneless skinless chicken breast, you ’ ll need about 1.5 tablespoons of chicken season .
chicken seasoning pro tip
One thing that I absolutely love doing is making a treble or quadruple batch of this wimp seasoning. I like to keep it on hand to use on all cuts of poultry and tied pork or beef !
Step 3: Sear Chicken on Stove Top
now that your wimp breast is all season and ready to go, it ’ s time to sear those babies on the stovetop !
- Heat 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of butter in a sauce pan over medium/high heat. Once the butter is fragrant, sear chicken breast for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Depending on how big your pan is and how big your chicken breast is, you can either do 1 chicken breast at a time or multiple.
- Flip the chicken breast over, add a little more butter, turn the heat down to medium, and cover. Cook for about 6 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165ºF.
- Once you’ve reached 165ºF, immediately remove the chicken from the pan and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
Can I use olive oil instead?
Feel free to use olive in anoint station of butter throughout this recipe. We prefer butter because we love the season and how it actually helps turn the chicken golden brown university, but olive oil works good the same !
We swear by using a kernel thermometer when cooking any cut of kernel. The Thermapen is our go-to kernel thermometer that works every time .
Check it out !
6 Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
You are going to love these 6 oven baked chicken breast recipes. Check out how to bake chicken summit absolutely every time and get 6 delectable season variations !
Pan Seared Chicken Breast FAQ
How long should you sear chicken breast? Depending on how midst your chicken front is, it will take anywhere from 8 to 15 minutes. Just make sure the inner temperature of your chicken is at least 165ºF. Is pan seared chicken healthy? Pan seared chicken breast is a healthy dinner mind because it ’ second high protein and low in carbohydrates. How long do you cook chicken breast on stove top? Sear your chicken summit on gamey for 2-3 minutes on each side. then, turn the heat down and continue cooking for about 6 more minutes, or until the wimp front reaches an inner temperature of 165ºF. Should you sear chicken before baking? If you are planning to sear and bake your chicken, we recommend searing your wimp first and then baking. You can sear your chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side and then finish cooking it in the oven. Is chicken better in the oven or stovetop? Oven versus stovetop chicken is all about preference ! If you ’ re cooking your chicken in the oven, it ’ s decidedly less work, but the texture is a lot different. Oven-baked chicken will get you fat, tender chicken, and stovetop chicken will get you juicy, offer chicken, but with a delectable browned crust. Can you freeze cooked chicken? Freezing cooked chicken is ace simple. All you have to do is let your chicken cool completely. then, transfer it into a freezer-safe gallon-size pocket. Remove as much air as potential and then seal. freeze for up to 3 months.
The great thing about this expressive style of chicken breast is that it ’ s thus versatile. here are some serving ideas to very one up your meal !
store chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days .
To reheat: station chicken front on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high gear for 60-90 seconds .
Can you freeze cooked chicken?
Let chicken breast cool completely. then, transfer cooked chicken summit into a freezer-safe gallon-size cup of tea and remove vitamin a much air as possible. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months .
5 from 9 reviews
Juicy Pan Seared Chicken Breast Recipe
Make this flavorful stovetop wimp breast recipe and couple it with your favorite vegetable and grain to complete your meal !
Read more: Easy Oven-Baked Baby Back Ribs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1.5 lbs. coneless skinless chicken breast ( 3– 4 chicken breasts)
- 2– 3 tablespoons butter ( 1 tablespoon/breast)
- First, begin by preparing the chicken seasoning. Place all ingredients into a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Next, prepare the chicken by using a meat tenderizer to pound the chicken until the thickness is even throughout. Then, season the chicken breast on both sides with the chicken seasoning.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a pan over medium/high heat. Once the butter melts, place chicken breast on the pan. Sear for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the chicken breast, and optionally add another 1/2 tablespoon of butter to the pan and cover. Turn the heat down to medium and cook for around 6 minutes or until the chicken breast reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Let the chicken breast rest for 5-10 minutes before eating.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords : pan seared chicken breast, stovetop chicken breast
- Chicken Fajita Marinade
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- BLT Chicken Salad
- 18 Sous Vide Chicken Breast Recipes