Chicken Breasts in an irresistible garlic sauce filled with caramelized onions and garlic is a winner of a chicken dinner!
Easy and delectable comfort food at its finest. lightly floured boneless chicken breasts are pan fried in butter and oil until golden and crisp before being added to a mouth-watering garlic cream sauce. Filled with caramelize flavor, you will LOVE how easy this is !
Crispy, aureate chicken on the outside → tender and lush on the inside → lightly simmered in a creamy sauce with so much spirit. The combination of your dream ! Chicken breasts tend to have a bad reputation for being besides dry, chalky or heavily to swallow. however, this recipe yields absolutely juicy breasts lightly floured and pan fried .
With all of the creamy sauce recipes I have on this site ( Creamy Garlic Tuscan Shrimp, Creamy Dijon Chicken, Creamy Salmon Piccata, or Creamy Parmesan Shrimp ), this one stands out from the herd !
cook in less than 30 minutes and perfect for any night of the week…even special occasions !
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN BREAST
- You’re going to start with thin chicken breasts. For a faster prep-time, cut your chicken breasts in half horizontally to make four fillets (like you did for our Chicken Marsala). Quicker and easier than pounding them thin with a meat mallet and yields the same results. Thinner chicken pieces cook faster and evenly.
- We use a combination of oil and butter to fry the chicken for the best golden browned results and delicious flavour.
- Cook the sauce in the same pan as the chicken. Don’t get rid of any chicken bits from the pan as they add tons of flavour into the sauce!
COOKING WITH GARLIC
If you ’ ve gone ahead and read the recipe already, you may be thinking one of two things :
A whole head of garlic ?
A. This charwoman is crazy. TOO much GARLIC. YUCK !
B. Oh my idol, finally, the perfective sum of garlic .
The beauty of this chicken breast recipe is that the garlic is NOT overpowering AT ALL ! The mysterious to having so much garlic without being excessively pungent is caramelising the cloves ( some smashed and some unharmed ) in chicken malcolm stock ( or broth ) for 5-6 minutes over medium heating system. This allows the garlic to soften beautifully with a trace of sweet .
YOU can make this a garlicky as you want ! How ? For a stronger garlic relish, smash all of your cloves with a heavy knife. Place the blade flat on the cling ( sharp side facing away from you ) and press the blade down on the clove with the heel of your hand. Explained in detail here .
The garlic cloves are lightly browned in a little vegetable oil along with soften onion in buttery pan juices before being lightly simmered in chicken stock. There is thus much caramelization happening in this pan, its CRAZY GOOD !
For a much mild sauce, add the garlic cloves whole .
If you ’ ve never cooked with unharmed garlic cloves before, you may be breaking into a cold perspiration right about now. I promise you there ’ s no need for a addict out. Cooking them the way you will hera relaxes their common intense season, rather giving them a elusive sweet. They become so soft, like butter !
Of course, if you LOVE garlic with chicken breasts, then feel dislodge to mince or finely chop all of the cloves and add them in .
- You can use heavy cream, whipping cream or thickened cream in the sauce.
- For a lightened up sauce, use evaporated milk or half and half. If using half and half, be careful not to bring your sauce to a rapid boil or it may curdle.
- The sauce will not thicken immediately after adding in your cream. Once you add your chicken breasts back into the pan, the flour from the chicken will thicken your sauce. No cornstarch needed. HOORAY!
SIDES THAT GO WITH CREAMY GARLIC CHICKEN BREASTS
We love this wimp front recipe with steamer rice or mashed potatoes ! You can besides serve it over pasta, cauliflower grind or zucchini noodles .
LOOKING FOR MORE CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES? TRY THESE!
Creamy Parmesan Carbonara Chicken ( No Egg )
Balsamic Baked Chicken Breast With Mozzarella Cheese
Crispy Chicken Parmesan ( Parmigiana )
RECIPE NOW ON VIDEO
Creamy Garlic Chicken Breast Recipe
Lightly floured boneless chicken breasts are pan fried in until golden and crispy before being added to a mouth-watering garlic cream sauce! Filled with caramelized flavour, you will LOVE how easy this is!
SAVE go to your favorites
For The Chicken:
- 2-3 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4
- 4 tablespoons flour ( all aim or complain )
- 4 tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmesan tall mallow
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic gunpowder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black cracked pepper
For The Sauce:
- 5 tablespoons olive anoint
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 unharmed head of garlic peeled and divided into 10-12 cloves
- 1 1/4 cup wimp broth ( neckcloth )
- 1 1/4 cup half and half or heavy cream ( or evaporated milk )
Read more: Use & Care
cup finely grated fresh Parmesan tall mallow
- 2 tablespoons clean parsley, to serve
Season the chicken with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, parmesan cheese. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture; shake off excess.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl pan to coat evenly.
Fry 2-3 chicken breasts until golden on each side, cooked through and no longer pink (about 4-5 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer to a warm plate. Set aside.
Wipe pan over with a sheet of paper towel. Repeat with remaining oil, butter and chicken breasts. When cooked, transfer the chicken onto the same plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Sauté the onion in the remaining oil/juices in the pan until softened.
Smash 6 whole cloves of garlic with the blunt edge of the back of a knife
Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat through, mixing it through the onions. Sauté smashed garlic cloves and whole garlic cloves until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add the broth to deglaze the pan. Scrape up any browned bits and let simmer and reduce to half, about 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour in the cream. Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer for about 2-3 minutes, combining all of the flavours together.
Mix in the parmesan cheese. Continue cooking gently for about 2-3 minutes until cheese melts, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Add the chicken back into the pan and let simmer for a further 2-3 minutes to thicken the sauce to your liking. The chicken breast will soak up all of the delicious flavours.
- garnishee with parsley and a little black cracked pepper. Serve over pasta, cauliflower chat up, zucchini noodles, rice or mashed potatoes .
Read more: The Best Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe