Reading: How to Cook Cabbage on the Stove
calm, many recipes require you to cook the pilfer. And though diverse methods can prepare them, the easiest way to cook cabbage is on the stave. But not everyone knows how to cook cabbages on the stovetop. Plus, you can prepare the smasher in unlike methods this direction, and each one comes with a unique dress of instructions. Well, the thoroughly thing is we ’ ra going to touch these ideas for cooking cabbage on the stove.
Cabbage Nutrition Facts
Knowing the Cabbage
Before delving into the diverse ways to prepare cabbage on a stove, let ’ s speak about the vegetable itself. The cabbage is a low-growing, leafy vegetable that ’ s closely related to kale and cauliflower. Its blockheaded leaves are tasty and rich in nutrients and come in versatile varieties, namely ;
- Red cabbage, with firm, shiny purple leaves that are tightly packed,
- Spring cabbage, with softer leaves that form somewhat of a point at the edges, and
- White cabbage, similar to red cabbage in texture but with paler, sweeter leaves.
- Savoy cabbage, which is the most popular type, with wavy, greenish-white leaves.
Stovetop Cabbage Cooking Methods
All cabbages can be cooked on the stove, but the processes aren ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate constantly the lapp. The reason is that the cook methods on the stave vary with each recipe. Let ’ s touch the different ones ;
This method acting is the most democratic and credibly most effortless way to prepare cabbages over a stove. And whether the cabbages are quartered, shredded, or prepared as separated leaves, you can cook them this way. All you need is to cover the cabbages halfway with water and seethe for about 3 to 5 minutes. You can even blanch the cabbages with this method acting for sautéing late. For this want, cover the cabbages wholly with water, and boil for 3 minutes, then cool them in cold water subsequently .
Stir-Frying or Sautéing
many people suggest that stir-frying or sautéing helps infuse flavor and crunchiness to cabbages. Whichever the reason, it remains one of the most exciting ways to cook the vegetable. Stir-frying works well when the cabbage is shredded, and the street fighter stems have been discarded. And it ’ s a elastic means to cook cabbages over the stove, as it can work with joker, bacon, shrimps, seafood, and even corned gripe. Heat any choose petroleum in a large wok or pan, and add the cabbages with your selected spices and seasonings. Sauté until the leaves seem to wilt and serve. Butter can replace vegetable anoint if you like. You can even add some lineage or broth and cook for some more time .
You can besides braise the pilfer on the stove if you have the time for an tied tastier experience. But this method works best for white and red cabbages since they have the best texture for slow cook.
Stir-fry some chopped onion in butter or olive anoint inside a big casserole dish for about five minutes. then remove the effect of the cabbage and shred it into fine slices. Combine the chopped cabbage with the sautéed onion mix.
Read more: Crab Fried Rice
squash a few caraway seeds and juniper, and add to the dish. Peel and slice one apple add angstrom well. then, temper the mix, and add some water, crimson wine, or cider. Stir the contents well and let it simmer. then, cover the casserole dish and leave it to cook for about 20 minutes. With these cooking ideas in beware, you can easily prepare cabbage anytime you wish, on the stovetop. To help, here ’ s a dim-witted recipe to get your hands on ;
Printclock clock iconcutlery cutlery iconflag flag iconfolder folder iconinstagram instagram iconpinterest pinterest iconfacebook facebook iconprint print iconsquares squares iconheart heart iconheart solid heart solid icon
How to Cook Cabbage on the Stove
Print RecipePin Recipe
Basic Boiled Cabbage Recipe (6 Servings)
- One cabbage head, medium
- Four tablespoons butter, melted
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Wash the cabbage and divide it into six wedges. Pour water into a Dutch oven to about ½ inch of the container, and mix with some salt, so it’s lightly salted. Let the salted water boil.
- Add the wedges with ½ teaspoon of salt. Cover the Dutch oven and simmer for 9 to 10 minutes. Carefully turn cabbage wedges and simmer for another 8 minutes. The cabbage wedges should be ready when a small paring knife easily slides through the thickest part of the core area.
- Drain out the water and return the Dutch oven to the stove. Leave until the remaining water has evaporated. Pour in the melted butter, so it coats the cabbage wedges. Mix thoroughly but carefully till the coating is even.
Season the wedges with pepper and salt to taste, and serve. To help you far, here ’ s another television recipe you can try.
Read more: Garlic Roasted Radishes