Read more: Easy Oven-Baked Baby Back Ribs
Read more: Crab Fried Rice
How to Grill Broccoli
Anytime we recommend this recipe we start getting questions on how to grill broccoli. It is easier than it sounds. Wash your broccoli like normal, toss it with some olive oil and any spiciness combination you like and you are fix to go. Place a big patch of foil on the grill, fire up your grill to medium heat, toss the train broccoli on the heat, and eight minutes late and you have one killer side dish. It can besides be made in a grillroom basket. nowadays you know how to grill broccoli ! After making this recipe you will want to start trying out all kinds of flavor combinations for grilling broccoli. I have some ideas for you below .
Is grilled broccoli good for you? Nutritional benefits
Broccoli recipes do not normally make an appearance in the summer outside of broccoli salad, but we want to offer you a fresh way to include this vitamin-packed food into your diet. Did you know that broccoli is a capital source of dietary character, which can be cholesterol lowering, weight boil down, and helps control blood boodle ? Broccoli has a low glycemic index which is great for those concerned with glucose control. While it ‘s not the traditional tinge you think of when you are considering Vitamin C food sources, this fleeceable vegetable provides over 100 percentage of the daily recommended inhalation of this vitamin ! Vitamin C is a great at preventing sickness by boosting your immune system and no one wants to be sick during grilling season !
Tips and Tricks for Making Broccoli on the Grill
- Everyone’s grill may cook differently, so keep an eye on the broccoli during the cook time to ensure it doesn’t get too crispy or burn.
- Feel free to remove the broccoli earlier if you or your guests aren’t fans of charring. However, I highly recommend letting some of the edges get browned.
- This broccoli recipe can be flavored in all different ways. Get creative and pull out your favorite spice blends and seasoning.
- Consider using a grill basket if you are intimidated by grilling your broccoli directly over the flame. Grill baskets help keep florets from falling through into the flame.
Flavor Ideas for Grilling Broccoli
- Add some parmesan cheese and fresh lemon juice once it is fresh off the grill. You can also melt some cheddar cheese, Swiss, or even goat cheese over top.
- Add cauliflower! Broccoli and cauliflower cook in the same amount of time and if you want to pack in even more veggie goodness, add some cauliflower along with the garlic broccoli.
- Spice it up with chili powder in place of garlic or any of your favorite spice combinations.
- Ranch! Many people like to flavor broccoli with ranch seasoning. You can make a homemade ranch seasoning or buy one in the store to flavor the broccoli. This is super popular with kids, especially if you put some buffalo sauce on the side for dipping.
- Fresh herbs: If you want to add some fresh herbs to the broccoli, add them once the broccoli has cooked to ensure they don’t burn. You can toss them with a little extra olive oil and the fresh herbs as soon as the broccoli comes off the grill.
- Balsamic: As you might imagine, grilled broccoli with balsamic is delicious. I like to add a drizzle after the broccoli has cooked. You can also use balsamic glaze for even more flavor.
- Get creative: Try steak seasoning, lemon pepper, Montreal seasoning, Old Bay, Italian seasoning, curry powder, taco seasoning, and more. Broccoli pairs well with so many different flavor combos, especially when it is grilled.
You know you are grilling this weekend, indeed why not wash and chop your broccoli now if you have clock ? This will give your broccoli time to dry before the big grillroom day which will make it easier to coat in oil .
Category : Culinary