crisp on the outside and soft and downy on the inside, a soufflé can be filled with many of your favorite ingredients. Making a soufflé is actually a simple action, despite its reputation for being difficult to make. Try adding cheese, crab, vegetables and more for a decadent dinner .
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
Reading: Basic Soufflé Recipe
- 12 g
- Saturated Fat
- 5.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0 g
- 462 mg
- 2 g
- 10 g
- 0 g
- 7 g
- 0 mg
milk ( 1 % )
Read more: Crab Fried Rice
cream of cream of tartar
Did you know ?
Eggs travel from the farm to the store in less than a week.
Subscribe to the eggs.ca newsletter
- Preheat oven to 375° F ( 190° C ) .
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until assortment is smooth and bubbly. Stir in milk all at once. Continue stirring until mix boils and is smooth and thickened .
- Separate eggs. Beat yolks well and add ¼ cup ( 50 milliliter ) of warm sauce mixture to egg yolks .
- Combine yolk mix with remaining sauce, blending thoroughly. If desired, add finely chop filling ingredients, stirring into white sauce until blended ( see variations ). Set sauce aside to cool slightly .
- Beat egg whites and skim of dragon in large bowl, until potent but not dry. Fold some of the testis whites into sauce to make it lighter, then gently but thoroughly fold the sauce into the remaining egg whites .
- cautiously pour into 4-cup ( 1 L ) soufflé or casserole dish .
- Bake in preheat 375° F ( 190° C ) oven until puffed and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Serve immediately .
Variations : cheese Soufflé : Stir 1 cup ( 250 milliliter ) grated swiss cheese and 2 tbsp ( 30 milliliter ) chopped park onions into sauce mix. Crab Soufflé : Stir 1 drained can ( 6 oz/170 g ) cancer kernel, 1/2 tsp ( 2 milliliter ) dried thyme, 1/2 tsp ( 2 milliliter ) curry powder, and 1/4 tsp ( 1 milliliter ) garlic salt into sauce mixture. vegetable Soufflé : Stir 1 cup ( 250 milliliter ) cooked chopped carrot, 1/2 cup ( 125 milliliter ) grated Cheddar tall mallow, and 1/4 tsp ( 1 milliliter ) dried dillweed into sauce assortment. Tips : never add egg yolks to a hot sauce all at once as they may begin to coagulate excessively quickly and form lumps. It ‘s easier to separate the ashen from the egg yolk when an testis is cold. A small funnel can be used for separating egg whites from yolks. Place the funnel over a measure cup. Crack the testis over the funnel. The white will run through and the yolk will remain in the funnel. To make a collar for a soufflé if needed, cut a strip of aluminum foil, double thickness, 4 inches ( 10 centimeter ) wide and farseeing enough to go around the smasher, allowing for at least a 3-inch ( 8 centimeter ) lap. Wrap it around the outside of the smasher and fasten with string. The collar should extend 2 to 3 inches ( 5 to 8 curium ) above the rim of the dish.