Oven Baked Ribs are such an easy, fool-proof direction to make rib without a grill or stag party !
The BEST Oven Baked Ribs
I based this recipe off of my other favorite way to cook rib ( See : Smoked Baby Back Ribs ) and they are so, SO good ! I know not everyone has a smoker and this is such an easy way to make rib at home !
How Do You Prepare Ribs Before Cooking
To prepare rib before cooking you need to :
Reading: Easy Oven Baked Ribs
- Remove the membrane.
- Pat dry.
- Rub with dry rub.
Do Ribs Need to be Washed Before Cooking
No. Ribs do not need to be washed or rinsed before cook. According to the USDA, this not recommend as it can increase the hazard of cross-contamination .
Should You Take the Membrane Off Ribs
Yes, you should take the membrane off of the rib before cooking. If you do not remove it, the rib will be much harder to cut apart after cooking and will be tougher to eat .
How Do You Remove the Membrane From Ribs
A draw of pre-packaged ribs already have the membrane removed, but if you bought your ribs straight from a bungler, it might be there ( but you can always ask them before you buy it and if it is still there, ask them to remove it for you ! ). The membrane is the thin level on the bet on of the rib that is white ( ish ) in color. Simply take the tip of your tongue and lift of the corner and slowly pull it off ! easy ! ( See mental picture below )
How Long Does it Take to Cook Ribs
With this recipe it takes approximately 6 hours to cook rib in the oven. ultimately, you are looking for your ribs to reach an inner temperature of 190 – 200 degrees F. Ribs are safe to eat once they reach 145 degrees F, but the kernel would be much excessively tough. Once the kernel reaches an inner temperature of 190 – 200 degrees F. the kernel is tender and blue !
Should Ribs be Cooked Covered or Uncovered
Ribs do not need to be covered when cooking. They have enough natural fat on them that the adipose tissue self-bastes itself while cooking. You CAN cover them with foil, but that may impact the cooking time. For this recipe we do not recommend covering with thwart .
What Temp Do I Cook Ribs On?
Ribs are by and large cooked between 225 – 275 degrees F. For this recipe, we are starting off low at 225 and gradually increase the temperature until it ultimately gets to 275 degrees F. then, at the end we crank it up to 350 to help caramelize the bbq sauce !
What to Serve with Oven Baked Ribs
How to Make Oven Baked Ribs
Step One: Remove rib from promotion and invest on a clean surface ( like a big baking sheet ) .
Step Two : Flip rib over so the meat side is facing down. If there is a membrane even attached, use a crisp knife to help lift it off of the ridicule and then continue lifting and pulling until the whole level comes off .
This is what they look like without the membrane attached .
Step Three : Pat ribs dry all over with a clean newspaper towel .
Step Four : Rub all over with worcester sauce .
Step Five : Rub all over with yellow mustard .
Step Six : Rub all over with our Dry Rub for Ribs
Step Seven : place on foil-lined broil sheet at cook per the recipe card below !
Step Eight : Let rest for 5-10 minutes and then enjoy !
Made this recipe and loved it ? ! We would love it if you would take a hour and leave a star rating and review – it is besides helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that a well. THANK YOU !
Don ’ metric ton forget to check out my Inst a gram account for some sub-rosa carry through ! Or give me a comply on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest !
Printclock clock iconcutlery cutlery iconflag flag iconfolder folder iconinstagram instagram iconpinterest pinterest iconfacebook facebook iconprint print iconsquares squares iconheart heart iconheart solid heart solid icon
Easy Oven Baked Ribs
- homework prison term : 15 minutes
Read more: Crab Fried Rice
- cook time : 6 hours
- total time : 6 hours 15 minutes
- output :
- class : entree
- method acting : oven
- cuisine : american
Easy Oven Baked Ribs – a delicious, damp and blue oven baked rib recipe that is arrant for your next get together ! so amazing !
racks of baby back ribs
- 1– 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
– 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
– 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- One batch of Dry Rub for Ribs
Read more: Garlic Roasted Radishes
bottle of your favorite (smokey) barbecue sauce (we also like this homemade bbq recipe!)
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Take ribs and remove the thin layer of connective tissue on the non-meat side (aka the membrane).
- Combine dry rub ingredients and set aside.
- Pat ribs dry with a clean paper towel.
- Rub liquid smoke all over ribs.
- Rub worcestershire sauce all over ribs.
- Rub yellow mustard all over ribs.
- Rub dry rub all over ribs.
- Place ribs on a foil-lined baking sheet, meat-side up.
- Bake for 4 hours (middle rack, uncovered).
- Turn oven up to 250 degrees F and let ribs cook for another hour.
- Turn oven up to 275 degrees F and let ribs cook for another hour.
- Once ribs have reached an internal temperature between 190 – 203 degrees F (approximately 1 hour) remove ribs from oven and turn oven up to 350 degrees F.
- Sauce the ribs generously with your favorite BBQ sauce and place back in oven for 6-8 minutes, or until the BBQ sauce becomes tacky.
- Remove ribs from oven and let rest 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- BBQ Sauce: Feel free to use whatever sauce you want but we do have a smokey + sweet homemade bbq recipe if you want to use that!
- Liquid Smoke: Liquid smoke is amazing and can be found at most grocery stores typically by the bbq sauce, etc.
- Paleo/Whole30: to make Paleo/Whole30 simply omit the Worcestershire sauce and ensure your bbq sauce is compatible.
- Let them rest: don’t skip this step!
Keywords: oven broil ribs, oven baked baby bet on rib