I KNOW .
Boring, right ? ?
Except, perfect behind cooker wimp summit international relations and security network ’ triiodothyronine bore at all.
This chicken is so flavorful, and thus juicy, with merely a few ingredients ( and one secret ingredient ! ) .
I will admit, I have made plenty of dry, overcooked, unpalatable boneless chicken breasts in the slow cooker. I ’ thousand not proud of it, but we all do it every now and then, am I right ? ?
I wanted to come up with a foolproof way to make great crockpot chicken summit — that is big on relish ( but still versatile enough to use it a diverseness of different ways or add your own sauce at the end ), and laughably blue .
naturally, I started with this Crockpot Shredded Chicken recipe as my floor, since so many of you have already loved it ( check out this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken if that ’ second more your style ! ), but I made a pair swaps and additions for an extra little boost of relish .
This slow cooker wimp recipe is perfect just on its own, with a side of rice or noodles or a big salad if that ’ s your thing, but if you ’ ve got leftovers ?
Throw them in this Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti the adjacent day, or swap the earth beef for wimp in this Rigatoni Pasta Bake .
How to make perfect Slow Cooker Chicken Breast:
- Choose good quality chicken. I’m not saying it has to be expensive (I buy my chicken breasts frozen when they’re on sale!), but overtime I’ve noticed that there can be a real difference in quality from one box of chicken breasts to the next. Find a kind you’re happy with it and stick with it.
- Not too full or too empty: I use this 2.5 quart crockpot for, honestly? Almost everything these days. It’s the perfect size for 4 or 6 chicken breasts. I’ve found if I cook just a couple chicken breasts in a larger crockpot, it cooks more quickly and is more prone to overcooking. When you have your slow cooker at least half full, it gives the chicken a little “insulation” and prevents it from cooking too quickly.
- To sear or not to sear. I tried both ways because I like to know what I’m talking about when I’m giving you the most delicious slow cooker chicken breast you’ve ever had. What I found was not a lot of difference between the two. If you want to sear it beforehand, go ahead, if you’re frazzled enough as it is and want to dump and go, do that.
- Butter (my secret ingredient that makes all the difference). Or margarine. Another moment of honesty — I use margarine a lot. I just don’t hate it. Chicken thighs are known to have much better flavor and juiciness than breasts, and it’s because they have 3x the amount of fat. I figured if I added just a little bit of fat into the slow cooker, I could give my chicken breasts some of that some fat love. (SPOILER: it works. It’s delicious, and not even drowning in half a cup).
- Don’t overcook. If you want a longer cook time, try filling your slow cooker more than half full, as this slows down the cooking process some.
Tips for making frozen chicken in the crockpot:
here ’ s the truth :
I woke up one good morning, the dawn I wanted to start testing this slow cooker wimp breast, with my chicken breasts calm rock solid in the deep-freeze because I, like many parents of 3 kids 6 and under, had forgotten to take them out .
quite than cooking freeze chicken in the crockpot, I placed my chicken breasts in a large deep-freeze cup of tea, sealed it tight, and covered them with cool water ( think absolutely not cold or not warm ), and let them sit about 20 minutes. Flip, and let sit another 20 minutes. absolutely thawed .
I threw them in the slow cooker and off I went .
It ’ s not that you can ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate fudge flash-frozen chicken in the crockpot — it ’ s precisely that I knew they would cook more evenly and credibly be better if I didn ’ thymine .
now, I ’ ve cooked freeze chicken breasts enough of times ( remember that I used to work outside of the house and be gone for 8+ hours a day ), and they ’ ve been merely fine .
They will release more moisture and cook a little less evenly, but the world will ( probably ) not end .
Variations on this Slow Cooker Chicken Breast:
- Toss in a package of taco seasoning for slow cooker chicken tacos!
- Brush with barbecue sauce once they’re done cooking, before serving.
- Brush with pretty much any of your favorite sauces, and there you go — the easiest dinner you never had to babysit!
- Jazz things up and try this Crockpot Tuscan Chicken!
More crockpot chicken breast recipes:
Pin this recipe to save for latePin this recipe to your favorite board
Slow Cooker Chicken Breast
written by Ashley Fehr
This Slow Cooker Chicken Breast recipe comes out perfectly juicy and seasoned every time! Learn my tips for getting the best crockpot chicken breast, perfect for salads, sandwiches or an easy dinner.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon sweet pepper
In a small bowl, stir together the salt, parsley, garlic, pepper, onion powder and paprika. Season both sides of the chicken.
Add chicken broth and butter to slow cooker, and stir to combine (mash the butter up a bit to disperse if you can).
Add the chicken to the slow cooker, overlapping only as much as necessary.
Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.
If you’re hoping for clean slices, remove to a cutting board and cover to keep warm. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
crockpot chicken, slow cooker chicken
Want to save this recipe ? Create an bill well save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again. file now
Read more: Easy Oven-Baked Baby Back Ribs
Tried this recipe ? Tag @ thereciperebel or hashtag # thereciperebel — I love to see what you ’ re make !Tag @thereciperebel
Category : Culinary