Fried Cabbage – Delicious, low-carb comfort food prepared with boodle and bacon ! Quick and easy Keto-friendly side serve perfective for a weeknight meal .
serve with pork tenderloin, corned beef, or roast chicken for a complete dinner .
What comes together in 10 minutes, in just one pan, and with 3 main ingredients ? FRIED boodle ! 🥬 Sweet and tender boodle cooked with bacon results in a delightful smasher bang-up to serve aboard lamb, beef, chicken, or pork .
Growing up macedonian, during the winter we always had cabbage dishes. From Cabbage Soup with Rice to Podvarok and this Fried Cabbage, you just couldn ’ t escape it .
But, that ’ mho AY-OK ( NOW it ’ s approve, not when I was a child and fair wanted macintosh and cheese like everyone else 😃 ) because, boodle is rich people in nutrients, promotes detoxification, it ’ south besides packed with antioxidants, character, and vitamins. 💪
HOW TO MAKE FRIED CABBAGE?
- Rinse cabbage, remove outer loose leaves, and cut into quarters.
- Take each quarter and chop it or cut it into thicker shreds.
- Get 4 to 5 slices of thick cut bacon and dice it up.
- Then, cook the bacon in a sauté pan; remove from pan and set aside.
- Keep bacon grease in the pan and fry the onions.
- Add garlic and cabbage; season with salt and pepper, and continue to cook for 8 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
- Stir bacon back in the skillet.
- Sprinkle cabbage with pepper flakes and green onions; serve.
simple, tasty, and ready in no meter, this Fried cabbage with Bacon recipe is hearty enough to make it a meal on its own, but just, uhm, quadruple the recipe. 😉
TIPS & TRICKS FOR FRIED CABBAGE
- DO NOT overcook the cabbage. Remove from heat as soon as it’s just tender. Overcooked cabbage will result in limp, mushy, and smelly cabbage.
- Flavor the cabbage to your taste. Add paprika to it, dried herbs, onion powder, curry powder, or whatever else you might like.
- If you want a vegetarian dish, leave out the bacon and use 2 tablespoons of avocado oil or olive oil in place of the bacon grease.
HOW TO STORE COOKED CABBAGE
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for 3 days.
MORE CABBAGE SIDE DISH RECIPES
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
American/Southern, Balkans, Macedonian, Polish
4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 jaundiced onion, finely diced
1 small drumhead green cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
Read more: Crab Fried Rice
salt and fresh crunch pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon crushed red capsicum flakes
sliced green onions, for garnishee ( optional )
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick frying pan for about 5 minutes, or to a craved brittleness .
- Using a slot spoon, remove bacon from the pan and set aside, leaving bacon grease in the frying pan .
- Add onion to the frying pan and cook over medium-high heating system for 2 minutes .
- Stir in boodle and garlic .
Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is just tender; about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir bacon back into the frying pan .
Garnish with red pepper flakes and green onions; serve.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 1
NET CARBS: 7
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g
Vitamin A 182IU
Vitamin C 57mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet .
nutritional information is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your prefer nutritional calculator for more detail information .
cabbage recipe, easy side dish, fried cabbage, keto friendly recipes, low carb side dish
Want To Save This Recipe?
Register For An Account ORLogin To Your Account!
Register For This Site
Read more: Garlic Roasted Radishes
A password will be e-mail to you .
Category : Culinary